Monday, September 15, 2008

Class Update 2

I feel that out of everything we have covered so far in this class I understood our recent discussions about the job application package the most. This was a project I had previously completed during my time in the technical writing course. That gave me a leg up on knowing what went in to the project and how I personally completed each aspect of it. I found it easy to apply it to our current assignment. There were similarities based on knowing who your audience is and what parts to focus in on more then others. Both projects also incorporate research of a job and force you to focus on narrowing down the career that would most suit your abilities. However I was not as clear on what a discourse community is. I am unsure of how it is different if at all from just doing an audience analysis. If it is similar why is understanding a discourse community important?

No comments: